Friday, July 21, 2006

so hard to concentrate...


...in harmony class, when the teacher looks - and sounds - like kevin spacey and all I can think of is that creepy, creepy grin and rotting bodies tied to beds.


...sitting here in my bat cave, trudging through the textbooks and wondering if it's enough. there is only one month (minus two days) left, and still so much to learn. I just want one day when I could do anything except study and not feel guilty about it. I would love to be able to do nothing all day except sleep and eat and sprawl, without worrying about how much my scores will suffer and how I'm going to regret that wasted friday when I get rejected from medical school. there's always more to learn and somebody else who already knows it.


now that I think about it, though, I've never been very good at sitting around doing nothing. given 24 hours to relax, I would probably spend the first 20 minutes sitting on the couch drumming my fingers, the next 20 raiding the refrigerator, and within the hour be out on my bike desperately looking for some way to amuse myself. maybe studying isn't such a bad alternative after all.

No comments: