Sunday, August 27, 2006

a whole lot of nothing's going on here in the capital of excitement, usa. spent most of the last couple days cleaning out my room. for the first time, I'm trying to get rid of a lot of my 'stuff'. pictures, shell collections, soccer trophies. I'm never around, and the stuff just sits around collecting dust. the only problem is that I occupy the position of family packrat for a very good reason. I have so much junk that should have been thrown out fifteen years ago. and now, of course, it's all of such immense sentimental value that I wouldn't dream of getting rid any of it. the dusty, cracked rosin I used in elementary school, for instance. or the musical fairy statue that I got for christmas when I was six and is missing a pair of wings. the key to packratting, I have found, is to periodically reorganize your belongings without actually disposing of anything. that way, everything gets an equal share of dust and the family thrives under the misguided conception that you have finally thrown something out. then hope that nobody opens the shoeboxes under the bed.


the most recent set of pictures will be online soon. here are a few:




from the market yesterday...


from toronto island...


and the college man...

1 comment:

Katie said...

re: your comment on ma blog -

let's 'effin go right now. i hate my job.