Thursday, October 05, 2006

dear people who live above the music room,


I am so very, very sorry. I don't know how or why, but something terrible has happened: bartok is here indefinitely. it may have been a momentary lapse of judgment, or perhaps a seizure of the auditory cortex, but when my teacher offered to let me play something else, I turned her down. maybe my don't-give-up complex kicked in when she suggested I do something 'easier'.


you have braved hours of brahms at full blast, but this will be unlike anything else I have subjected you to in the past. few people are familiar with bartok's suite op. 14, and for good reason. it is an assault to the ears. even when played well, it sounds like a train running over the keyboard. my suggestion to you? industrial earphones, a good set of speakers, or take me out now - because this madness is eighteen pages long and it will be here until june.

No comments: