What does an ANZAC Day parade in Sydney have that a Memorial Day parade in Kenmore does not?
1. Fences to keep the crowds off the road. We-all just sit right on the curb.
2. Masses of bagpipers playing Waltzing Matilda.
3. Jaunty Aussie hats perched atop the heads of the high school marching band kids.
4. Little people with Australian flags.
5. Big people with Australian flags.
And what does a Memorial Day parade in Kenmore have that an ANZAC Day parade in Sydney does not?
1. Irish dancers.
2. People I know.
3. And of course, the Town of Tonawanda snowplows, leading them all off.