Thursday, December 01, 2005

this is my favourite time of the year. I love the coloured lights, the snow, and the rush of adrenaline you get when you remember freedom is only a month away. I don't even mind cramming for sixteen hours a day, just because of the christmas music and candy canes that are involved.


I decorated my room last night. the whole two plugs per room thing is not condusive to my lighting habits, but I eventually managed to get all five strings up without forgoing the computer/speakers/printer/fridge/lava lamp/desklamp /keyboard.


and tonight was the festive dinner at burwash! as always, turkey, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and cheesecake. the highlight of the evening was our slightly abridged (and mostly politically correct) production of 'a christmas carol'. unfortunately, I was coerced into taking part. that's right, the girl who can't speak at a floor meeting without shaking stood up and delivered 12 words in front of at least 200 people. it was terrifying, mortifying, traumatizing, and I hope to God none of them heard me. the price you have to pay for a bite of real food around here! it's outrageous.

2 comments:

Katie said...

bwahaha! excellent! i shall have to get the full report from one of the other ppl there just so i can mock you!


seriously, tho, cheers!

Katie said...

'sup? i've been meaning to ask you:

do you have any good piano cds you could recommend that i could borrow to burn? i'm making a mix cd thing for my mom... call me!