Thursday, June 29, 2006

trees loomed like sentries, the forest melting into a black abyss. two silver unicorns, each roped to a tree, reared and bellowed at each other as we hovered beside them and spoke in hushed tones. then a silent, hunched figure glided out from the darkness and began pulling on the ropes. I cried out and grabbed the loose rope as the unicorns lunged for each other. the figure turned to me with an expressionless face. "the wolves are afoot," she said, "you must go home." the unicorn gave one last lurch and I flung myself onto his back as darkness surrounded us and space disappeared. faster and faster we rode, fleeing the black void that threatened to consume us. light stretched into a shining blur of white ahead and the howl of wolves reached a shrieking climax in my ears. I clung to the unicorn, my mind and body numbed with fear.


and then I woke up. you know you're getting too much sleep when you start dreaming about mythical creatures in formal english.

1 comment:

Katie said...

DUDE! i'm so jealous...