Sunday, December 03, 2006

last night I was abducted by aliens. it was shortly after 2:30 in the morning, and I became aware of a shrill ringing in my ears that became louder and louder until it was almost deafening. my heart started pounding and I at that moment, I knew there was something in the room with me, hovering just inside the door. I knew it was an alien come to abduct me. I tried to open my eyes, but the pressure on them was too intense. I pried them open just far enough to make out the glow of christmas lights and a great darkness spreading over me. a little voice in the back of my head was laughing and saying 'dude, ridiculous!' , but I was paralyzed with terror in a way I haven't been since the man-eating paper bag used to come out from under my bed in the middle of the night when I was little.


and then everything was quiet. the ringing stopped, I opened my eyes, and gasping for breath, I discovered I could move again.


there are three possible conclusions I could draw from this event:
#1. three months of sleep deprivation are catching up with me. I went straight from full consciousness to REM sleep and got a little confused along the way.
#2. I was actually awake and my brain is telling me I really need to sleep.
#3. last night I was abducted by aliens.


I'm gonna go with #3.

1 comment:

T.W said...

You moron, this happened to a girl in my Buddhist Psych. class. Turns out that when you're really tired your body can force itself into that state of paralysis you enter before you really sleep, but that most people don't even know about. If you couldn't move, but your brain was still on, this is likly what happened. Get some sleep, crazy-face.
Although aliens sounds cooler.