Tuesday, April 03, 2007

had another long-distance heart-to-heart about my future with the m.u. yesterday. this is not typically an enjoyable experience. wasn't too bad this time, though. I don't think I'm going to end up taking courses this summer. just working, somewhere, anywhere. it'll be the first time I've gone more than two weeks without school since august 2005. the m.u. thinks this will be a good opportunity for me to reassess my life aspirations, etc. I think it will be a good opportunity to see how many consecutive hours I can spend sitting in the hammock and how much ice cream I can consume in the course of one day.


we did some reassessing over the phone and discovered that, in addition to looking at animal insides, I like writing, music, taking pictures, gremlins of the human sort, and treehouses in the alps. we reaffirmed the relative/total lack of job opportunities open to individuals with graduate degrees in music perception & cognition. I suggested teacher's college as a viable alternative. we discussed the monetal benefits of building a treehouse in kenmore rather than switzerland.


then I sat on my bed and admired my pretty purple and yellow broomball bruises. university's not really that bad when you only have one paper and four exams left and a whole summer of no school ahead of you!

No comments: