Monday, May 28, 2007

this is m.u.'s garden, where I'm typically exempt from duty for reasons of incompetence.


fortunately for me, that fact is not well-publicized. I've spent most of the last few days gardening for our back-door neighbours. their garden spans half the block - it's practically a farm (minus the animals). they have crabapple trees, which the m.u. and I strip every august and turn into jelly, apple and pear trees, which I like to hop the fence to take pictures of, a forest, and veggie and flower gardens.




I dug an asparagus bed, weeded and cleared gardens that hadn't been watered in an eon, planted the flowers they kept going out to get more of... and then I remembered that I'm white and haven't seen the sun in eight months. or rather, was white. now I'm red. and I blame my dad for all of it - the pasty genes and the allergy ones. cause everything that's not covered in sunburn is covered in hives. at least I got a big honkin' wad of cash out of it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

yay money!

T.W said...

Yay money indeed, but Slives (sunburn-hives) are not good...not good at all.
ps. how's your summer going?