Friday, November 14, 2008

you know the princess bride? of course you do. everyone knows the princess bride. what you might not know is that it was filmed in my backyard. and I don't mean my backyard as in 'hey, look at that pretty picture of tibet. totally my backyard.' I mean that all this time, westley and buttercup have been traipsing around derbyshire. and I didn't know it until I watched it today and recognized the scenery.


after the dread pirate roberts poisons little bald guy, he and buttercup take off across the moors. this moor, actually:




they fight a bit. then they run to castleton and fight a bit more. buttercup tells westley to die and he tumbles down here.




entering from stage right (and up). she follows, and they live happily ever after.


in my backyard.

No comments: