Tuesday, September 01, 2009

It feels like fall. This is not right. It should feel like spring.

Today I spent the afternoon trying to understand what was so clear a couple days ago about the significance of perception-action interactions in performance monitoring, which means I spent the afternoon changing my computer wallpaper. Tropical fish to Canadian mountains to Australian beaches, back to mountains and on to Dutch tulips. I finally settled on a Bulgarian wheat field that looks decidedly country and season-neutral.

I think it's because it's September. And with the sunshine, the warm temperatures and the bit of a breeze, September in Sydney is a lot like September in the north.

Is there a term for inter-seasonal jet lag?

1 comment:

Katie said...

i know exactly the feeling. walking around wollongong with a bit of a chill in the air, september--- it's fall, fall i say! but just wait a week or two. when summer hits australia, it hits hard.