Monday, June 28, 2010

Sugar is one of my great dietary joys in life. My only great dietary joy in life, really. I could do without the other stuff. If a pill existed that provided all the nutrition a person needed and you were free to make up any caloric deficit with sugar cubes and jelly beans, I’d be cool with that.

Mmmm. Sugar cubes. I’ve had sugar for dinner before. Just sugar. Tasty. Not very filling, though. And one time I had an entire bowl of candy corn for breakfast. With Reeses cups and a Krispy Kreme doughnut on the side. Best breakfast I’ve ever had.

Yesterday I met someone who shares my tastes in food.


Yep, that’s a lorikeet breaking open a sugar packet that he stole from our table. He ate the whole thing and licked up all the sugar crystals that he'd scattered across the tabletop. He did it with great enthusiasm and a degree of proficiency that suggested that this was a highly practiced skill.

No comments: